Love To Draw?
The Edmonton Public Library has provided access to an amazing website filled with online art classes! We went through the classes and have pulled together a list of art classes we think you might enjoy!
Step 1: Visit the website for Creative Bug – https://bit.ly/2V0d3UD
Step 2: Sign up for a membership for free! Simply enter your LIBRARY CARD and a PIN number. Don’t have your LIBRARY CARD? Click here to register.
Step 3: Now you have a membership!
- Click on one of the links below OR
- click on their website button SEE LATEST CLASSES HERE and you can see all the classes they are offering!
Class level: Beginner
Oil Painting 101
Oil painter, Erika Lee Sears, creates an original piece of art everyday. She breaks down the age-old tradition of oil painting and makes it easy and accessible, from mixing colors, to playing with shadows and light, to the final varnish. Whether you’re a curious beginner or seasoned painter, there will be tips and tricks in this crash course for everyone.
- Work with a limited color palette
- Mix color and make a color wheel
- Mix the perfect “black”
- Make a loose sketch for painting
- Work with oil paint and mineral spirits
- Clean your brushes
- Create shadows and light
- Prepare a wooden panel for painting
- Varnish a painting
What you’ll get
- Easy-to-follow class by instructor and artist Erika Lee Sears on foundational oil painting skills
- 5 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Step-by-step instruction and a detaileid supply list
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students