ONLINE YIN YOGA – Instructed by Vera Resera
August 7 to August 28 – Fridays from 10:30 am – 11:30 am
- perfect your posture
- maintain joint health
- increase your blood flow
- boost immunity while lowering blood sugar and blood pressure
- Gaining flexibility while you gain
- maintain health is the goal for this class, to keep you moving and feeling great!
- An ability to get down to and up from the floor is necessary for class participation.
STEPS TO REGISTER
This is the process to register classes on the MyActiveCentre:
- Go to www.MyActiveCenter.com to sign up for the ability to register online. If you already have an account, you are all set!
- View a listing of all available classes here:
- Westend Seniors Activity Centre’s Online Activities.
- Only those classes currently available are listed.
- Determine the classes that you are interested in.
- Prior to registering for your class, please ensure that you have confirmed your email address with Westend Seniors Activity Centre staff by emailing email@example.com.
- Please send the confirmation email to us regardless of whether you believe it on our system or not.
- An email address must be supplied in order to participate in the classes.
- In this email, please also list the names of the courses for which you will be registering.
- Register for your class and provide payment, if needed. Some classes are free!
- Once we receive your payment and email address, you will be emailed a link and password to participate in the Zoom class prior to your class start date.
- Only those registered will be given the link and password to participate.
- There will be a maximum of 8 people per fitness/dance/yoga class to ensure everyone can be seen by the instructor and to ensure that you are given quality time with the instructor!
- Approximately 10 minutes before your class is set to start, click the link to be taken to the class.
- Participate with your instructor and other participants in a live format, from the privacy of your home!
- By completing registration for the course, the participant acknowledges the involved risks, dangers and hazards which could result in injury or loss and waives any and all claims for liability and loss, damage, expense or injury as a result of participating in the class.
- As always, we encourage participants to seek medical doctor approval before participating and encourage you to work at your own body’s pace.
- All online classes are non-refundable.
- Classes are open for registration to members of the YEG Seniors Alliance – Westend Seniors Activity Centre, ICAN Seniors Association and Edmonton Seniors Centre.
Vera Resera is an Intermediate Certified Hatha Yoga Instructor (750 hours) with the Yoga Association of Alberta (YAA) and a certified fitness instructor with the Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association (AFLCA). Vera is recognized for her heartfelt, caring and nurturing nature and her strengths and deep understanding of breathing, relaxation and stress management techniques. Vera is experienced in teaching Hatha yoga, gentle, yin, restorative and yoga Nidra as well as chair yoga, prenatal and postnatal yoga, yoga with therapy balls, barre fusion and strength interval training.
Yoga has been a part of Vera’s life for over 20 years, and her practice has helped her grow stronger and more flexible both on and off the mat. Vera is dedicated to her yoga practice and continues to inspire her students to achieve their wellness and long-term health and fitness goals. Fitness has also been a part of Vera’s life for many years. She loves to walk, cycle and golf and enjoys working out to some great tunes when she is not practicing or teaching yoga or fitness classes.
Vera’s students appreciate her energetic and outgoing personality and her love of yoga and staying fit. Vera is a life-long learner and enjoys broadening her yoga and fitness skillset to share with her students. Vera tailors her classes to her students’ needs and her goal is that her students feel refreshed, nourished and balanced after every practice.