- Maintain your health and cardiovascular fitness in this whole body class suitable for all levels.
- Have fun and move to music in a 60 minute class that will enhance cardiovascular health, increase strength, mobility, flexibility and balance.
- Using an interval style format the hour includes a variety of low impact cardio exercises combined with strength building resistance intervals using hand held weights (students can use soup cans or plastic water bottles instead of hand weights).
- The instructor is certified in active aging and has years of experience teaching all fitness levels.
Fitness level: All levels welcome – Plenty of modifications will be provided so everyone is welcome!
August 4 – August 25 – Tuesdays from 9:00 am – 10:00 am.
STEPS TO REGISTER
This is the process to register classes on the MyActiveCentre:
- Go to www.MyActiveCenter.com to sign up for the ability to register online. If you already have an account, you are all set!
- View a listing of all available classes here:
- Westend Seniors Activity Centre’s Online Activities.
- Only those classes currently available are listed.
- Determine the classes that you are interested in.
- Prior to registering for your class, please ensure that you have confirmed your email address with Westend Seniors Activity Centre staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please send the confirmation email to us regardless of whether you believe it on our system or not.
- An email address must be supplied in order to participate in the classes.
- In this email, please also list the names of the courses for which you will be registering.
- Register for your class and provide payment, if needed. Some classes are free!
- Once we receive your payment and email address, you will be emailed a link and password to participate in the Zoom class prior to your class start date.
- Only those registered will be given the link and password to participate.
- There will be a maximum of 8 people per fitness/dance/yoga class to ensure everyone can be seen by the instructor and to ensure that you are given quality time with the instructor!
- Approximately 10 minutes before your class is set to start, click the link to be taken to the class.
- Participate with your instructor and other participants in a live format, from the privacy of your home!
- By completing registration for the course, the participant acknowledges the involved risks, dangers and hazards which could result in injury or loss and waives any and all claims for liability and loss, damage, expense or injury as a result of participating in the class.
- As always, we encourage participants to seek medical doctor approval before participating and encourage you to work at your own body’s pace.
- All online classes are non-refundable.
- Classes are open for registration to members of the YEG Seniors Alliance – Westend Seniors Activity Centre, ICAN Seniors Association and Edmonton Seniors Centre.
Instructed by Lisa Doyle of the Essentrics Team!
A lifelong fitness and wellness enthusiast, Lisa is passionate about making exercise a positive experience for everyone. For Lisa fitness includes both mental and physical wellness so her classes often include a combination of cardio, strength and yoga. All fitness levels are welcome as classes are designed to include lots of options that are safe yet challenging. Join her workouts and see how fun and rewarding it can be to achieve full body and mind fitness. Lisa is a Certified Canadian Fitness Professional (CFP) since 2014 and is also certified in Group Fitness, Barre, Active Aging, and Mossa/Group Power. Lisa teaches at the YMCA, City of Edmonton, Spa Lady, and eOne Fitness.