GENTLE YOGA – Instructor Neeru Prashar
- Gentle Yoga is an easy, adapted & slower-moving style of yoga.
- The poses are repeated several times in a flowing series to get the full benefit without straining or forcing.
- No long holds or straining to touch your toes in this class.
- You will stretch, tone & strengthen the whole body as well as practice breathing exercises, mindfulness & relaxation.
- Great for everybody but amazing for the older adult.
- For gentle yoga people should be able to go down on the floor as we will be doing seated postures and postures on the floor.
July 6th to July 27th – Mondays from 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm.
STEPS TO REGISTER
This is the process to register classes on the MyActiveCentre:
- Go to www.MyActiveCenter.com to sign up for the ability to register online. If you already have an account, you are all set!
- View a listing of all available classes here:
- Westend Seniors Activity Centre’s Online Activities.
- Only those classes currently available are listed.
- Determine the classes that you are interested in.
- Prior to registering for your class, please ensure that you have confirmed your email address with Westend Seniors Activity Centre staff by emailing email@example.com.
- Please send the confirmation email to us regardless of whether you believe it on our system or not.
- An email address must be supplied in order to participate in the classes.
- In this email, please also list the names of the courses for which you will be registering.
- Register for your class and provide payment, if needed. Some classes are free!
- Once we receive your payment and email address, you will be emailed a link and password to participate in the Zoom class prior to your class start date.
- Only those registered will be given the link and password to participate.
- There will be a maximum of 8 people per fitness/dance/yoga class to ensure everyone can be seen by the instructor and to ensure that you are given quality time with the instructor!
- Approximately 10 minutes before your class is set to start, click the link to be taken to the class.
- Participate with your instructor and other participants in a live format, from the privacy of your home!
- By completing registration for the course, the participant acknowledges the involved risks, dangers and hazards which could result in injury or loss and waives any and all claims for liability and loss, damage, expense or injury as a result of participating in the class.
- As always, we encourage participants to seek medical doctor approval before participating and encourage you to work at your own body’s pace.
- All online classes are non-refundable.
- Classes are open for registration to members of the YEG Seniors Alliance – Westend Seniors Activity Centre, ICAN Seniors Association and Edmonton Seniors Centre.
Instructor: Neeru Prashar
Neeru is an Accredited Yoga Instructor and registered with Council for Yoga Accreditation International (CYAI) from kaivalyadhama,India and certified with Yoga Association of Alberta . She had the opportunity to learn under different teachers while growing up in India.
In spite of having a degree in Business and Masters in Economics her passion to share the ancient wisdom of Yoga took her to Kaivalyadhama,(India) where she had the opportunity to study under experienced teachers. The training enabled her to offer traditional yoga classes rooted in modern science. Yoga is a part of her life for more than 25 years now and she has a special interest in Pranayama, Meditation, Chanting, Philosophy of Yoga and its therapeutic approach and scientific relevance. Her classes weave the Philosophy of Patanjali and Hatha yoga that is accessible for any age and level of practitioner.
She has also undertaken Ayurveda training for yoga teacher which helps her to combine these two ancient sciences together in her classes.
She teaches public and private classes at various locations in Edmonton and offers her classes to Adults, Seniors, Bridging the Gap groups, High Risk Youth and Parkinson’s patients, Yoga for Stress & Anxiety.
She considers herself a student for a lifetime and continues to learn Yoga and Vedanta (Advaita/Non-dualistic darshan) with her teachers in a gurukul setting.