July 6th to July 27th – Mondays from 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm.
- If limited mobility or injuries are holding you back from enjoying your body to the fullest, then you owe it to yourself to give this class a try!
- Chair Yoga is a gentle class, especially suited for those who prefer not to be down on the floor.
- All yoga postures will be done seated on a chair or standing, using the chair to help with support and balance.
- This class offers a well-rounded variety of modified yoga poses, breathing techniques and relaxation designed to leave you feeling stronger, more flexible, calm and energized.
Apr 20th to May 18th – Mondays from 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm.
Apr 23rd to May 21st – Thursdays from 4:30 pm – 5:30 pm.
STEPS TO REGISTER
This is the process to register classes on the MyActiveCentre:
- Go to www.MyActiveCenter.com to sign up for the ability to register online. If you already have an account, you are all set!
- View a listing of all available classes here:
- Westend Seniors Activity Centre’s Online Activities.
- Only those classes currently available are listed.
- Determine the classes that you are interested in.
- Prior to registering for your class, please ensure that you have confirmed your email address with Westend Seniors Activity Centre staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please send the confirmation email to us regardless of whether you believe it on our system or not.
- An email address must be supplied in order to participate in the classes.
- In this email, please also list the names of the courses for which you will be registering.
- Register for your class and provide payment, if needed. Some classes are free!
- Once we receive your payment and email address, you will be emailed a link and password to participate in the Zoom class prior to your class start date.
- Only those registered will be given the link and password to participate.
- There will be a maximum of 8 people per fitness/dance/yoga class to ensure everyone can be seen by the instructor and to ensure that you are given quality time with the instructor!
- Approximately 10 minutes before your class is set to start, click the link to be taken to the class.
- Participate with your instructor and other participants in a live format, from the privacy of your home!
- By completing registration for the course, the participant acknowledges the involved risks, dangers and hazards which could result in injury or loss and waives any and all claims for liability and loss, damage, expense or injury as a result of participating in the class.
- As always, we encourage participants to seek medical doctor approval before participating and encourage you to work at your own body’s pace.
- All online classes are non-refundable.
- Classes are open for registration to members of the YEG Seniors Alliance – Westend Seniors Activity Centre, ICAN Seniors Association and Edmonton Seniors Centre.
Instructed by: Neeru Prashar
Neeru is an Accredited Yoga Instructor and registered with Council for Yoga Accreditation International (CYAI) from kaivalyadhama,India and certified with Yoga Association of Alberta . She had the opportunity to learn under different teachers while growing up in India.
In spite of having a degree in Business and Masters in Economics her passion to share the ancient wisdom of Yoga took her to Kaivalyadhama,(India) where she had the opportunity to study under experienced teachers. The training enabled her to offer traditional yoga classes rooted in modern science. Yoga is a part of her life for more than 25 years now and she has a special interest in Pranayama, Meditation, Chanting, Philosophy of Yoga and its therapeutic approach and scientific relevance. Her classes weave the Philosophy of Patanjali and Hatha yoga that is accessible for any age and level of practitioner.
She has also undertaken Ayurveda training for yoga teacher which helps her to combine these two ancient sciences together in her classes.
She teaches public and private classes at various locations in Edmonton and offers her classes to Adults, Seniors, Bridging the Gap groups, High Risk Youth and Parkinson’s patients, Yoga for Stress & Anxiety.
She considers herself a student for a lifetime and continues to learn Yoga and Vedanta (Advaita/Non-dualistic darshan) with her teachers in a gurukul setting.