Wednesday from 9:00 am – 10:00 am.
October 7 – October 28
Cost: $38. Instructed by Samara Hipkin
November 18 – December 16
Cost: $47. Instructed by Samara Hipkin
- One of your favourite WSAC courses – now online and in the privacy of your own home!
- During this course, you will get to experience the age reversing workout that will restore movement in your joints while increasing flexibility and strength in your muscles.
- You will also relieve pain while stimulating your cells to increase energy, vibrancy and your immune system.
- This is a slow-paced, full-body workout created by the author of the New York Times best seller, “Aging Backwards”.
WHAT IS ESSENTRICS
ESSENTRICS® – Is a dynamic, full body workout, suitable for all fitness levels created by Canadian, Miranda Esmonde-White, the author of the New York Times bestsellers, Aging Backwards and Forever Painless. This fitness program has been around for 20+ years and has been widely seen on PBS where Miranda has developed a strong following of students. This is an age reversing workout that will rebalance your body, restore movement in your joints, increase the flexibility in your muscles, relieve pain and stimulate your cells to increase energy, vibrancy and your immune system.
STEPS TO REGISTER
This is the process to register classes on the MyActiveCentre:
- Go to www.MyActiveCenter.com to sign up for the ability to register online. If you already have an account, you are all set!
- View a listing of all available classes here:
- Westend Seniors Activity Centre’s Online Activities.
- Only those classes currently available are listed.
- Determine the classes that you are interested in.
- Prior to registering for your class, please ensure that you have confirmed your email address with Westend Seniors Activity Centre staff by emailing email@example.com.
- Please send the confirmation email to us regardless of whether you believe it on our system or not.
- An email address must be supplied in order to participate in the classes.
- In this email, please also list the names of the courses for which you will be registering.
- Register for your class and provide payment, if needed. Some classes are free!
- Once we receive your payment and email address, you will be emailed a link and password to participate in the Zoom class prior to your class start date.
- Only those registered will be given the link and password to participate.
- There will be a maximum of 8 people per fitness/dance/yoga class to ensure everyone can be seen by the instructor and to ensure that you are given quality time with the instructor!
- Approximately 10 minutes before your class is set to start, click the link to be taken to the class.
- Participate with your instructor and other participants in a live format, from the privacy of your home!
- By completing registration for the course, the participant acknowledges the involved risks, dangers and hazards which could result in injury or loss and waives any and all claims for liability and loss, damage, expense or injury as a result of participating in the class.
- As always, we encourage participants to seek medical doctor approval before participating and encourage you to work at your own body’s pace.
- All online classes are non-refundable.
- Classes are open for registration to members of the YEG Seniors Alliance – Westend Seniors Activity Centre, ICAN Seniors Association and Edmonton Seniors Centre.
Carol Smith – is a Certified ESSENTRICS® Instructor and has been teaching ESSENTRICS®for 5 years in the Edmonton and St. Albert area. She is a former licensed Massage Therapist and owned her own clinic. She has been involved in the fitness industry for many years and is an avid Golfer. Carol is a living example that Aging Backwards is a goal everyone can attain! Retired Business Owner, Essentrics Instructor, Mother, Grandmother and Friend. “Opportunities for Infinite Possibility exist no matter what Age we are” (Marianne Williams). Her students love her enthusiasm and vitality. She currently teaches ESSENTRICS® at the Westend Seniors Association, St. Albert Seniors Association, the City of Edmonton Rec Centres and at eOne Fitness Studio.
Lori Griffith is a Certified ESSENTRICS® Instructor and lifelong fitness enthusiast. She is the owner of eOne Fitness Studio in Windermere (SW Edmonton). Lori discovered the Aging Backwards movement when searching for programs for her parents and has been dedicated to bringing this program to the seniors of Edmonton for the last 4 years. She loves working with Active Agers (55+) and teaching the ESSENTRICs® program. Lori brings a fun energy to class and enjoys getting to know her students and helping them to become and stay more active, independent and healthy. She currently teaches ESSENTRICS® at Westend Seniors Activity Center, Central Lions Senior Center and Southwest Edmonton Seniors Association as well as at the eOne Fitness Studio.