Instructor: Janet Hauca
Tuesdays from 10:30 am – 11:15 am
October 6 – October 27
November 17 – December 15
Fridays from 10:30 am – 11:15 am
October 9 – October 30
November 13 – December 18, No Class on Dec 4
- a program aimed at strength training and stretching to improve your functional fitness!
- This will help you to move in your every day life.
- Janet will help you maintain and improve your muscle growth, work on range of motion and add in some elements of balance.
- You will be in a small class of no more than 6 people with Janet so that she can focus on assisting you to correct your form to help you be the best that you can be.
Note: To participate in the class, please have available some sort of weights as well as a space where you can freely move. The weights may be fitness weights or items from your own home, such as water bottles, soup cans or socks filled with beans!
STEPS TO REGISTER
This is the process to register classes on the MyActiveCentre:
- Go to www.MyActiveCenter.com to sign up for the ability to register online. If you already have an account, you are all set!
- View a listing of all available classes here:
- Westend Seniors Activity Centre’s Online Activities.
- Only those classes currently available are listed.
- Determine the classes that you are interested in.
- Prior to registering for your class, please ensure that you have confirmed your email address with Westend Seniors Activity Centre staff by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please send the confirmation email to us regardless of whether you believe it on our system or not.
- An email address must be supplied in order to participate in the classes.
- In this email, please also list the names of the courses for which you will be registering.
- Register for your class and provide payment, if needed. Some classes are free!
- Once we receive your payment and email address, you will be emailed a link and password to participate in the Zoom class prior to your class start date.
- Only those registered will be given the link and password to participate.
- There will be a maximum of 8 people per fitness/dance/yoga class to ensure everyone can be seen by the instructor and to ensure that you are given quality time with the instructor!
- Approximately 10 minutes before your class is set to start, click the link to be taken to the class.
- Participate with your instructor and other participants in a live format, from the privacy of your home!
- By completing registration for the course, the participant acknowledges the involved risks, dangers and hazards which could result in injury or loss and waives any and all claims for liability and loss, damage, expense or injury as a result of participating in the class.
- As always, we encourage participants to seek medical doctor approval before participating and encourage you to work at your own body’s pace.
- All online classes are non-refundable.
- Classes are open for registration to members of the YEG Seniors Alliance – Westend Seniors Activity Centre, ICAN Seniors Association and Edmonton Seniors Centre.