Love To Draw?
The Edmonton Public Library has provided access to an amazing website filled with online art classes! We went through the classes and have pulled together a list of art classes we think you might enjoy!
Step 1: Visit the website for Creative Bug – https://bit.ly/2V0d3UD
Step 2: Sign up for a membership for free! Simply enter your LIBRARY CARD and a PIN number. Don’t have your LIBRARY CARD? Click here to register.
Step 3: Now you have a membership!
- Click on one of the links below OR
- click on their website button SEE LATEST CLASSES HERE and you can see all the classes they are offering!
Class level: Beginner.
Lettering artist Jess Park shares her techniques for creating colorful watercolor script. You’ll learn the basics of pen and brush lettering first, then pluck away at painting plants, stems, and flowers to create wreaths and laurels. From there, you’ll expand your skills, learning how to create illustrations that live inside of a letter or word. By the end of the class, you’ll have all the skills you need to fill your sentence with a sunset or your monogram with a luscious bowl of fruit.
- Create an upstroke and downstroke in modern calligraphic style
- Build your own style of lettering from basic strokes
- Create an ombre effect with watercolor
- Watercolor modern calligraphy
- Use various wash techniques with watercolor
- Paint watercolor fruit
What you’ll get:
- A 31-day series of easy-to-follow video lessons on the basics of lettering with watercolor and incorporating illustrations into your letters and sentences
- 33 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list
- Step-by-step instructions by lettering artist Jess Park
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students.