Love To Draw?
The Edmonton Public Library has provided access to an amazing website filled with online art classes! We went through the classes and have pulled together a list of art classes we think you might enjoy!
Step 1: Visit the website for Creative Bug – https://bit.ly/2V0d3UD
Step 2: Sign up for a membership for free! Simply enter your LIBRARY CARD and a PIN number. Don’t have your LIBRARY CARD? Click here to register.
Step 3: Now you have a membership!
- Click on one of the links below OR
- click on their website button SEE LATEST CLASSES HERE and you can see all the classes they are offering!
Class level: Beginner.
Make Your Own Paint Using Pigments
Endless possibilities for paint texture and hue can be at your fingertips. Color luminary Lisa Solomon is here with tips to make, refine, and properly store your own paint. The process is satisfying and fun to watch. You can work with the finest tools, or figure it out with some regular household items. Paint requires a pigment and a binder, and Lisa will share all her techniques for how to add the magic. Create an archive of color test sheets that any professional would envy.
- Make watercolor paint
- Make oil paint
- Make acrylic paint
- Make your own gum arabic solution as a binder for watercolor paint
- Store paint properly
- Make test sheets of the colors you made
What you’ll get:
- An 8-part series of easy-to-follow video lessons on how to make and properly store your own paint
- 10 HD video lessons you can access online anytime, anywhere
- Detailed supply list, including a robust PDF filled with resources
- Step-by-step instructions from author, artist and educator, Lisa Solomon
- The ability to leave comments, ask questions and interact with other students