- The new menu is ready now, CLICK HERE to preorder.
- Take home items now available at our centre – Monday to Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Want us to email you the new menu? Fill out the form below and we will send it to you next week.
Pre Order Menus – How It Works:
- Every 2 weeks we will post our new Pre-Order Menu
- When you place your pre-order you will pick up from our centre the following week. If you do not drive and need your pre-order to be delivered, our volunteers will delivery your order the following week
- October 15th menu – the preorder deadline will be Tues October 20th – pick up/delivery will be Tues Oct 27th
- October 29th menu – the preorder deadline will be Tues November 3rd – pick up/delivery will be Tues Nov 10th
In Stock Items – Pick Up Today!
- Each menu we make extras of our entrees, frozen soup and baking so we have some in stock here at our centre
- Most days we will have 2 or 3 entrees, 3 or 4 of our hearty frozen soup flavors, and lots of baked goods!
- Feel free to contact our centre to see what we have available for pick up! Don’t drive…we will deliver to you!
- Visit our centre – 9629 176 Street Edmonton
- Call us at 780 483-1209 Ext 225
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What we have AVAILABLE THIS WEEK
- Entrees ($10.00 each)
- Beef Brisket w/Potatoes & Braised Cabbages
- Chicken Pot Pie
- Soups ($7.00 each)
- Chicken Noodle
- Cream Of Broccoli
- Roasted Corn Chowder
- Tomato Bisque
- Muffins (One package of 6 muffins for $6.00)
- Honey Bran
- Orange Cranberry
- Raisin Bran
- Entrees ($10.00 each)
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ABOUT OUR MEAL PROGRAM
We have ordered meals and soups from the Meal Plan several times and never been disappointed. The entrees are delicious with quality ingredients! The soups are very tasty with lots of good beef, chicken or beans and fresh herbs. Quantities are more than adequate for two meals and given the quality of the product, the prices are very reasonable. Highly recommend giving it a try!
~ Jaqueline S
I have tried the lasagna, chicken pot pie, the honey bran muffins and most of the soups. They have all been fantastic! Good size servings, they reheated up nicely and they kept in the freezer nicely! We felt they were reasonably priced when you consider they are home made AND they were just enough for the 2 of us. Well done Westend Seniors Activity Centre! We will definitely be ordering again!
~ Mark S
I’m loving the new WSAC Food Program and have been ordering for the past two months. It is a convenient way to have nutritious entrees on hand, particularly when I am recovering from knee surgery and can’t stand for too long to do cooking. The entrees are a perfect size for myself and my husband and they are easy to stack in my freezer without taking up too much space. Vegetables and sauces are included – you can’t go wrong. My favourite entrees are the meatloaf and the shepherd’s pie. The soups are tasty – lots of choices with plenty of meat and hearty vegetables. The muffins are always moist and delicious – the desserts are to die for. Who doesn’t want carrot cake! Try it out. You won’t be sorry. ~ Sharon S.
5 REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD TRY OUR MEAL PROGRAM
1. FRESH INGREDIENTS
Our kitchen staff purchase fresh vegetables and other ingredients needed to make our tasty meals!
2. OUR MENU CHANGES EVERY 2 WEEKS – …CHECK OUT WHAT WE HAVE OFFERED IN THE PAST!
CHICKEN STEW WITH BISCUITS – $10.00/each
Our chicken stews are made with fresh chicken breast and seasonal fresh vegetables. Two home-made biscuits will be with the chicken stew.
SHEPHERD’S PIE – $10.00/each
The perfect comfort food! Our shepherd’s pie is fantastic and as our photos show, it is made with only the freshest of ingredients!
SOUTHEAST ASIAN CHICKEN & RICE – $10.00/each
They say a picture is worth 1000 words…we think our photos will show you the amazing chicken dish our chef has prepared for you!
SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS – $10.00/each
Our Sweet & Sour Meatballs are made with freshly ground beef, cooked and prepared to lay on a bed of rice with fresh-made sweet & sour sauce
3. HEARTY FROZEN SOUPS! – $7.00/each
- Our chicken soups are made with homemade stock and fresh vegetables and chicken breast.
- Our Beef Barley is made with AAA beef
- Fresh beets used in our Borscht soup and fresh mushrooms in our Cream of Mushroom!
- Soups are then frozen in containers for easy storage.
– Chicken Noodle, Beef Barley, Borscht, Mahatten Clam Chowder, Cream of Mushroom, Cabbage Roll, and more!
4. FRESHLY MADE MUFFINS – ALL YOUR FAVORITE FLAVORS! – One package of 6 muffins – $6.00
Our muffins are homemade with some of our Kitchen Coordinator Tracy’s favorite recipes! Blueberry, Rhubarb Crumble, Zucchini, Cranberry Orange, Raisin Bran and more…all of our muffins are made using fresh ingredients
Blueberry muffins – Rhubarb Crumble – Cranberry Orange
FRESHLY BAKED GOODS
Who doesn’t love Banana Loaf? Ours is made fresh and then cut into individual pieces…and we make sure that you get a nice big slice!
One of our favorites to share…Carrot Cake with a lovely cream cheese icing! Like all of our baking, our Carrot Cake is home made. Nice sized pieces – we think big enough to share but we aren’t sure you are going to want to!
6. PACKAGED FOR YOUR FREEZER!
All meals are cooked so you can easily heat them and serve. Containers are microwave safe!