March 9th – Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Deena Hinshaw issued the following statement for Albertans on March 9:
- Anyone who is sick with fever or cough should not visit loved ones in hospitals, long-term care or other supported living accommodations.
- Anyone returning from outside of Canada, should monitor themselves for symptoms such as cough or fever for 14 days. If they experience, they should self-isolate and call Health Link 811 for instructions on follow-up.
- “The events of the past week, both in Alberta and globally, are significant. More countries around the world have cases, and some of these countries are grappling with large outbreaks. At this point, it is likely that we will be dealing with this virus worldwide for many months to come.
- “What does this mean to Albertans? It means that all of us need to be engaged in this response. We need to start thinking about what our new normal will look like over the coming months. With no vaccine for this virus likely to be available for a year or more, we need to be vaccine for each other.
Message from Haidong Liang Executive Director, Westend Seniors Activity Centre
“Based on the statement issued by Dr. Hinshaw, WSAC will be taking the following operation decisions.”
- Members who have recently been traveling and have returned to Canada within the last 14 days are encouraged to forgo participation at the centre until the 14 days has expired, as per Alberta Health Services.
- WSAC encourages all members to consider purchasing their own personal exercise equipment for use while at WSAC. This includes, but is not limited to: – Exercise bands – Yoga Straps & Yoga Blocks – Bender Balls – Free Weights
- In the interest of member health and safety, WSAC’s exercise bands will be removed from the centre, once we are able to secure stock, then WSAC will have a modest supply of bands available for purchase in the near future. When using any of the WSAC’s fitness equipment, please note that it is MANDATORY for members to disinfect the equipment after each use. This includes, but is not limited to: – Fitness machines in the fitness room – Balls – Paddles and Racquets – Bands (While still available at the centre)
WSAC MEMBERS PLEASE ALSO NOTE:
If you are sick with a fever or cough OR you have recently returned from outside of Canada… Please contact WSAC staff and update us on your condition and if you need any assistance email@example.com or call us at 780 483-1209