Over the past 24 hours, we have received so many emails from our caring members that are positive, encouraging and touching. You are the reason why our Team works tirelessly to support you at this challenging time.
There is so much information in the media right now. We want to share some website links to help you find the information you are looking for and to hear the most recent updates from the Chief Medical Officer. CHIEF MEDICAL UPDATES – CLICK HERE
GOVERNMENT OF ALBERTA UPDATES
If you would like to easily access the information being provided by the Government of Alberta, CLICK HERE to see information such as:
- What Should I Do If I Think I Have COVID-19?
- Information about About COVID-19
- The risk of exposure in Alberta
- How to prepare and Create a household plan of action
- Alberta has implemented new public health restrictions.
- Information on self isolation
- Information for travellers
- Tips to protect you and your family against all respiratory illnesses, including flu and COVID-19,
- Symptoms for COVID-19
- Help in tough times – resources and contact information for agencies that can help
- cleaning guidelines
I received an email from our snowbirds members who are still outside of Canada asking whether they should come back earlier than plan. The Government of Canada recently updated their Travel Advisories. CLICK HERE TO STAY UP TO DATE AND READ THEIR FULL ADVISORIES:
If you are outside of Canada:
- Find out what commercial options are still available to return to Canada. Consider returning to Canada earlier than planned if these options are becoming more limited.
- Ensure that you have sufficient finances and necessities, including medication, in case your travels are disrupted.
INFORMATION ON FLIGHTS WITH CONFIRMED CASES OF COVID-19
From this link, you’re able to find out whether you or your families/friends were on the flights that have confirmed cases or not. Starting from March 14, 2020, Alberta Government will be posting the flight information for any flight, or portion of a flight where passengers may have been exposed to COVID-19. CLICK HERE TO REVIEW THE FLIGHT INFORMATION
COVID-19 ONLINE SCREENING (SELF ASSESSMENT TOOL)
COVID-19 Online Screening (self-assessment) tool. According to Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, Dr. Deena Hinshaw:
- “In the span of 24 hours, we have seen well over 300,000 Albertans complete self-assessments.
- “By using the self-assessment tool you have helped to ease the pressure on Health Link 811 phone lines.
- CLICK HERE TO REVIEW THE SELF ASSESSMENT
Our WSAC Board and Administration Team will continue updating information with you on a regular basis. We won’t let you just sit at home and watch bad news all the time. We will reach out to you, connect with you, support you with a lot of fun, positive and active information and resources.
Send us an email or interact with us on Facebook. At the same time, pick up your phone, call a family, call a neighbour, or call a friend, you don’t need the internet or other advanced technology to connect with people. Let’s build our own WSAC community in an old fashion way.
I look forward to connecting with you. Stay Healthy, Stay Safe, Stay Positive! Trust the Process!
Westend Seniors Activity Centre