The health and safety of the WSAC members and staff – whether at home or abroad – is our top priority.
- The most important measure that Albertans can take to prevent respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19, is to practise good hygiene. This includes avoiding touching your face, coughing or sneezing into your elbow or sleeve, disposing of tissues appropriately, and staying home and away from others if you are sick.
- Wash and/or sanitize your hands often and well. WSAC has auto Wall-Mount Dispensers in different locations of the building.
- Anyone who has health concerns or is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 should contact Health Link 811 to see if follow up testing is required.
- Anyone (including members and their family members and social network) who returned or will be returning from those affected countries and areas (U.S., Iran, mainland China, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, Japan, Italy, France, Germany, and other countries), please follow the advice from Alberta Health Services. Also, please inform WSAC staff team through email or phone once you come back from the trip. WSAC will be happy to assist your needs and process program-related refund when needed.
- Anyone who will be travelling outside of Canada, please consult the “Public Health Agency of Canada’s Travel Health Advisories page” (https://travel.gc.ca/
- Anyone who returned or will be returning from Ontario, British Columbia, and Quebec, please monitor yourself daily for 14 days after leaving the area for symptoms like fever, cough or shortness of breath. At the first sign of symptoms, please immediately self-isolate and call Health Link 811 and inform WSAC at your earliest convenience.
- Anyone who will be travelling to Ontario, British Columbia, and Quebec, please practice usual precautions (e.g., hand washing) as suggested by the “Public Health Agency of Canada’s Travel Health Advisories page” (https://travel.gc.ca/