ONSITE PROGRAM RE-OPENING!
We’ve missed you as much as you’ve missed us but guess what? We are re-opening! Our goal is to resume onsite programming in mid-September 2020. As soon as the programs are ready to go, we will have them posted on our website at www.weseniors.ca and on www.MyActiveCenter.com. Keep checking the websites for the most current offerings and information!
Here are some answers to the most common questions that we have been getting:
How will you keep us safe?
- Everyone entering the building will be asked about health screening questions.
- Masks will be mandatory, to adhere to the Edmonton bylaw. (Masks don’t need to be worn during fitness classes; however, they are mandatory when members are not partaking in the fitness/dance/yoga activity itself.)
- There will be increased cleaning, to adhere to the government regulations.
- We will be limiting the number of persons, spaces and activities at any given time.
- We will remain current on all government regulations to best serve you!
Will the fees be going up because of the cleaning needed?
- We are doing our very best to keep costs for you low. Some fees may rise as we aren’t able to host as many patrons in each space, nor will we have as many rooms available. Our continued goal is not to profit, but rather to meet your programming needs on a cost recovery basis.
What if I want to still take classes online?
- We believe you should have a choice in your service delivery, so we will continue to offer Zoom classes as an option, as well as onsite program delivery. You can do classes online, at the centre or both! YOU choose what is best for you.
When will registration open?
- Due to crowd mitigation, we will not be opening registration for all programs on one day. More information on registration will be available in the coming weeks. Programs will certainly be available for online registration. If you have had issues with the MyActiveCenter website, we invite you to view the instructional video prepared by Shelley Kulak here. Click here to watch the video.
How many classes will my favourite instructor be teaching?
- We have invited as many instructors to return to onsite programming as space allows. In an effort to allow for diversity in classes, fitness levels and instruction styles, we are limiting the number of time slots for the instructors. Though we hope to get back to our original onsite program structure one day, we need to limit things, in the beginning, to keep everyone safe. BUT….The upside is….you’ll have less trouble finding a parking spot this Fall! 🙂
Who can I talk to about my questions now?
- The phone lines are now open! You may reach Shelley Kulak, the Program Manager at (780) 483-1209 extension 222 or Cherisse Macayan, the Program Coordinator at (780) 483-1209 extension 228. We are working onsite part time. If we aren’t available, please leave us a message and we’ll strive to return in within 24 hours. You can also email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.