REGISTRATION DAYS FOR PROGRAMS AT THE CENTRE
If you want to register for programs being held at the centre in September and October, registration begins on the following days:
- Monday, August 31 at 9:00 am – Fitness Programs
- Thursday, September 3 at 9:00 am – Dance and Art Programs
- Friday, September 4 at 9:00 am – Yoga Programs
Registration will open at 9:00 am, both at the centre and on MyActiveCentre.com. We encourage those able to register online to do so in order to mitigate the number of people at the centre. For a complete listing of our classes available, please visit our website or MyActiveCenter.com.
REGISTRATION FOR PROGRAMS ONLINE
Registration for programs running via Zoom is open now and will continue to open immediately once a course becomes available. CLICK HERE to find the available classes.
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT COURSE WILL BE AT THE CENTRE AND WHAT WILL BE ONLINE?
Our complete course offerings for September and October are available on our website and on MyActiveCenter. If the course name starts with the word, “Online”, it will run via Zoom. If it is just the course name or “In Person”, it will be at the centre.
WHAT SHOULD I BRING TO CLASS?
If you are joining us at the centre for programming in the Fall, please plan to bring the following items with you:
- Indoor shoes for fitness programming
- A water bottle (have it filled with water please – the fountains and water coolers will not be in use for our initial stage of relaunch)
- Equipment for your program, such as weight, balls, pickleball paddles, etc (We will not have any equipment for public use in our initial stage of the relaunch. Please bring your own weights, exercise bands and balls, yoga mats/straps/balls.) If you don’t have such equipment, you could use:
- Water bottles/soup cans/socks filled with beans instead of weights
- Old panty hose instead of therabands
- Wands – yard sticks or broom sticks
- Bender balls (green balls) – small cushions
WSAC will be selling our stock of equipment in the Fall of 2020, while quantities last. Please see the front desk for details.
THANKS FOR WEARING YOUR MASK!
To coincide with the City of Edmonton Bylaw, masks are mandatory inside of the WSAC building. During any fitness, yoga or dance program, you can take your mask off; however, we ask that you still wear it within common areas of the building, such as washrooms and hallways or other rooms. Thank you in advance for wearing masks during music, art and DVD lecture series programs as well as Toonie Talks.