Toonie Talk Presentations
Friends of WSAC “Toonie Talks”
- Invite a friend! You do not have to be a WSAC member to attend our presentations
- Members: Please pre-register on MyActiveCentre or at our front desk
- Non-members: Please send an email to email@example.com with the subject “Toonie Talk” to register for our Toonie Talks
- Cost $2.00
- All presentations will be held in our Games Room
- Limited spots available due to physical distancing requirements
Want To Watch Our Toonie Talks Online?
We will be hosting our Toonie Talks live at our centre in our Games Room
PLUS online via ZOOM! Your ZOOM Link will be emailed to you at the time of registration.
Here is what attendees said about the Toonie Talks they attended!
- “Exceptional. A well-educated facilitator with excellent presentation skills”
- “Very informative approachable, clear, knowledgeable, inviting and motivating”
- “Excellent session. Thank you very much”
- “Excellent info. I would never have considered such situations. Very enlightening”
Part 3 – The Joy of Downsizing
– Presented by Jody Lambertus at Century 21
Wednesday, November 18th from 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm
- Are you thinking of downsizing or moving but not sure where to start or when?
- Do you need help navigating your next move or purchase?
In this final session of our 3 part series, The Joy of Downsizing and Moving Forward, you will learn:
- the pros and cons of purchasing vs renting and ageing in place
- how to evaluate and determine the best options available for your lifestyle, budget, and peace of mind. moving forward.
Everyone will receive a Workbook to make your next move count and a look at all the options available including the pros and cons of:
- Independent living,
- Assisted living, and
- Ageing in place
Strokes – Homecare Assistance
– Presented by Homecare Assistance Edmonton
Monday, November 23rd from 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm
Join us as we learn about Strokes:
- What is a stroke?
- How big is the problem?
- What should you look for?
- What should you do or not do?
- What Disabilities can result from a stroke?
- What can be done to prevent a stroke?
- Planning for Discharge and Post Hospitalization Recovery after a Stroke.
- Recovering at home.
A PART OF WEST EDMONTON’S HISTORY
Did you know…
- Westlawn cemetery has been part of Edmonton’s history for 70 years?
- Many people come to the Westlawn gravesites for genealogy projects?
- Westlawn has a Field of Honour dedicated to World War I and II Veterans?
- They have a strong connection with the Greek, Dutch, East Indian and Filipino communities here in Edmonton.
DO YOU HAVE QUESTIONS
- about cremation vs burial?
- about funerals in general?
- about donating your body to science?
Do you know what it means to pre-plan a funeral? It might not be what you think!
A WINTER DRIVE-THRU TOUR FOR MEMBERS OF THE WESTEND SENIORS ACTIVITY CENTRE
– Hosted by our Friends of WSAC partners, Westlawn Cemetary & Funeral Home
When: Friday, November 27th – 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (1/2 hr tours)
Tour time: 20 minutes with Q/A
During this 20 minute tour they will
- answer any questions you have,
- dispel myths about the funeral industry,
- provide free resource materials AND
- serve you a hot chocolate to go!
All from the comfort & safety of your car!
HOW TO REGISTER
- Pre-register Westlawn Funeral Home by contacting Len Gierach:
- Email:LGierach@arbormemorial.com or
- Telephone: 780 983-3581
TOONIE TALKS HOSTED BY THE CANADA REVENUE AGENCY
COME JOIN US!
We are very happy to be partnering with the Canada Revenue Agency to offer a series of classes this fall.
These are all online class. If you are not comfortable registering for an online class or do not have the ability to watch online, please join us to watch the session online in our centre’s meeting room where we will watch the session on our large screen tv (15 spots available).
HOW TO REGISTER:
ONLINE – via MyActiveCentre
IN PERSON – Register at our front desk or
EMAIL – please email our Program Team at – Programs@weseniors.ca
INVITE A FRIEND OR FAMILY MEMBER!
All of our Toonie Talk presentations are open to the general public!
Disability Tax Credit
Tuesday, November 17, 2020 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm Cost $2.00
Sandra Paul from the Canada Revenue Agency will share information regarding:
- Eligibility – who is eligible
- How to apply for the Disability Tax Credit
- How to claim the Disability Tax Credit and
- Gateway to other government programs
Seniors Benefits and Credits
Tuesday, November 24, 2020 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm Cost $2.00
Sandra Paul from the Canada Revenue Agency will share information on:
- Why file your tax return?
- What benefits and credits are available – GST Credit, Disability Tax Credit, Age Amount
- Don’t Get Scammed!
- Authorizing a Representative
- Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) and MORE!
Opinions expressed by program presenters do not necessarily reflect the views of the WSAC Program Administration or WSAC Board of Directors.